Establishing a 501(c)(3)
So You Want to Start a Church, ORMC can help!
Starting a church is certainly a leap of faith. For those who have pioneered a church plant before, you know this first hand. You're an experienced veteran. For those who are new to this process, trust us: this is a journey like no other...both in terms of hard work and reward!
Among other things, ORMC assists new churches in getting their organizational structure in place. This is a critical first step and usually includes two primary tasks:
- Incorporation as a nonprofit entity in your state, next,
- Obtaining 501(c)(3) recognition by the Internal Revenue Service
Our team works with you, preparing all of the necessary paperwork to get your church legally established. We even represent our work while it's under review by the state and the IRS!
Why Use ORMC?
Because this is an IRS examination and you need a specialist, not a document service. There is a lot more to this than paperwork. Setting up the structure of a non-profit requires a precise understanding of the laws and compliance requirements involved, as well as the best practices necessary to successfully get your program established. There are questions that must be analyzed and answered such as: Does the program(s) you propse to bring to the community qualify as a 501(c)(3) purpose? Is your governing structure something the IRS will accept? Plus, there are many more questions that must be answered. We are here to help you with establishing you’re your non-profit status, so you can focus on your ministry!
Sample Benefits of 501(c)(3) Tax Exempt Status
The main benefits include:
- Tax free income - Income earned by the organization is deemed tax-free.
- The deductible donations - Donors can make charitable contributions and receive a tax deduction on their tax return.
- Grants - Churches will be qualified to receive private and public grants.
- Postage - Lower postage rates on bulk mailings.
- Public Service Announcements (PSA) - Reduced rates for radio and PSA announcements in the local media.
Call us toll-free and speak with one of our consultants today.
We look forward to serving you!